The purpose of this ministry is to foster inclusion inside the life of the church for the child with additional needs and their family. The Special Needs Ministry provides opportunities for an individual with special needs to connect with Christ, their peers and loving youth and adult volunteers during church programming (All Campuses).
For more information, please contact Rachel Frazure, Director of Special Needs Ministry, at RachelFrazure@mychristchurch.com.
For families at our campus locations requiring assistance, please contact our campus Children’s Leaders:
Millstadt Campus – Erica Wright, EricaWright@mychristchurch.com
CM Campus – Michelle Bertelsman, MichelleBertelsman@mychristchurch.com
Scott Campus – Debbie Dodt, DebbieDodt@mychristchurch.com
In Special Needs Ministry, we believe a good day at church can often equate to a worthwhile connection with a leader, a friend and ultimately, with Jesus Christ. There are various ways that we work toward accomplishing this:
- Opportunities for the individual to connect with their peers in a large group/small group setting
- “Buddies” who partner with the child during church programming (All Campuses)
- Opportunities for the individual to participate at their ability level
- Modified lessons, when needed, comparable to those taught in small group
- The Special Needs Ministry room that provides a place for the child to “get away” when overwhelmed and has sensory and special learning components (Fairview Heights Campus)