We can’t wait for you to be a part of the Christ Church House Church Community!
Questions about hosting a Christ Church House Church? Contact:
Director of Discipleship
Why should you host, or, be a part of a house church? It will give you the opportunity to do 5 things.
1. Pray together: Jesus said, “For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.” In Jesus’ time, there was a false idea that the only way God would be present in worship was when ten or more people would gather. So, when Jesus says, “…where two or three gather together…I am there among them”, he is letting us know that small worship meetings can be a time of church; where God’s presence is known and Worship occurs.
2. Sing together: The Bible says to “Sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs among yourselves making melody in your heart to the Lord.” A Christ Church House Church will give you the opportunity to sing together with other believers. Better singers, make sure you sing louder.
3. Listen to the word together: The Bible says, “Faith comes by hearing, that is hearing the good news about Christ.” When we are given good news, we don’t want to hold it to ourselves. We want to share good news in community. House Church gives you an opportunity to listen to the Word and share in the Good news of Jesus within community.
4. Break Bread together: You know, after Jesus’ resurrection, he encountered two of his followers that didn’t recognize him. Then Jesus ate a meal with those two followers, and by the power of the Holy Spirit, Jesus’ identity revealed. Breaking bread together, eating, is an opportunity for Christ to be revealed in community. Have coffee, brunch, lunch or dinner together.
5. Grow together: Significant spiritual growth happens when we talk about the Bible in community. Each week, we will develop a few questions that go along with the sermon that you can discuss with your House Church Community.
We also offer children’s messages right after the service that will engage, encourage and connect your children with Jesus. For ages 2-sixth grade.
We have student ministry that meets Sunday morning on Zoom. Contact Erica Peel, Student Ministry Administrative Assistant, at EricaPeel@mychristchurch.com
Learn more about Maximizing your Online Worship Experience:
Finally, if you are wanting tips on engaging in online worship, Rev. Shane and Rev. Mike did a podcast. Search for Navigating Change with Shane and Mike and pick the episode on Engaging in online worship: